Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekend Worship!

I worship my weekends! They are the time of the week that I can (sometimes) catch up on all the stuff that I needed to get done through the week and let slide for whatever reason.
They are also the time of the week where I find I need to be even more motivated than on 'school days'.

Through the week, I have a routine that needs to be followed. If it fails I am late for work or miss out on my daily exercise, or quality friend time - depending on how and when the routine failed. But I don't have a routine on the weekend, and I find it much harder to stay focussed. I have the attention span of a gold fish and am very easily distracted. Look something shiny . . .

Last Saturday I shopped and cooked for the week and this last week is the most organised I have ever been. All that nagging my Mum did when I was in school "pack your bag the night before" has finally, and proabably about 20 years on, come to fruition. It's Mum's voice that I hear in my head sometimes when packing my gym bag and writing myself a note not to forget to pick up my breakfast and lunch on the way out (mornings are not my best time - I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on!).

So I thought I would do it again, and I did, yesterday.

All the food shopping done. All the meals cooked, yesterday. All the meals separated into portion sized containers, today.

Now that I have finished cooking, separating into portion sizes and cleaning up all the mess, I'm looking forward to the week ahead! This is the second week in a row that I have been this organised - I hope I can sustain this because it is a most awesome feeling, one that I just can't describe!

Healthy Vegan Muffins (YUM!)
 
 
Portions ready to be frozen
 
 
Full freezer shelf!


No comments:

Post a Comment