Thursday, May 16, 2013

Enemies

After yesterday and all the running around - anyone would think that I would learn, but no, my alarm didn't go off again today!

I am my own worst enemy! I checked and double checked the alarms on my phone last night, but clearly failed in my mission. I knew immediately upon waking that I had done it to myself, again. The good news was that it was 6.20am and not 7am again!

My internal dialogue was telling me to curl over and go back to sleep. But I thought about laying out my clothes and packing my gym bag last night at 10.30pm - what a waste of time if I didn't get up now. And, then I'll have to go to the gym tonight and there is a class in the stretching room so, who knows where I would have ended up doing my session. So it was easier to get up and race to the gym. My normal hour commute took 45 minutes which left me roughly 30 minutes to get through today's program. So I pushed myself, hard. And then I was almost sick! 26 minutes and 259 calories later I made my way to the showers. I hadn't quite finished the workout, but at least I made myself get up and go.

There are so many gadgets for fitness available, Michelle has Polar Heart Rate Monitors available for sale on her website. About two years ago I was given my heart rate monitor by my folks (thanks Mum!). It is to date one of the best gifts I have ever been given. Mine is a Suunto. I have various accessories that I use with it including the foot pod so I can see how far I have been and the pace that I am at.

About six months after getting it, the chest strap broke (turned out there was an internal fault) and we had it sent back under warranty. Those three weeks were the hardest workouts I have ever done. Once you have a heart rate monitor, I don't think there is any going back! Mine has an internal coach and pushes me to achieve different levels of fitness. If you're thinking who cares? I don't blame you, whatever brand you use, they will essentially tell you the same information. But today, for the first time since having my watch I reached level 6 in my activity class, so in Big Kev style, I'm Excited!! Yay for small goals achieved!!




No comments:

Post a Comment