Saturday, May 18, 2013

SSS

I was a bit nervous of this, the workouts through the week had been fun, but they had definitely pushed me and after a week of getting up a 5.30am, racing to the gym and working out I was feeling completely wrung out. Towards the end of the week, as I became more tired and struggled more everyday to get up at some absurd hour when the sun isn't even up yet, I began to dred the SSS more and more.

I made arrangements to meet up with a group of people to work together on the SSS. This too made me nervous. I started doubting myself and my ability - what if they're heaps fitter than me? I don't want o slow anyone down!

Bugger it! I told myself, if I want to get fitter and make this 12wbt worthwhile, than I have to leave my comfort zone at some point. There's always someone that is going to be fitter, fast, and better, but if I don't get out there and give it a go, I'll never know.

So I went, an you know what? I had a ball. The people were great and the pace set was my own. No judgement, no criticism. And it was a great morning of exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment