Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm not going to miss you, Jelly Belly

Dear Jelly Belly,

Well, this is it my friend. We came to a fork in the road and a decision had to be made. You and I, we are going to go our separate ways. I know that it won't happen over night (the Special K ad started running through my head . . . but it will happen!), it won't be this month, but it is going to happen. So this is it, the last time that I am going to look at you and wonder how on Earth I am going to be able to get rid of you, because, you know what? I have found an answer. And yes, this is going to work. I am determined.

So this is my fork in the road, and that is yours. I am going to spend the next three months focusing on me. Eating healthy tasty food, working out hard and enjoying seeing you diminish. I don't mean to sound so harsh! But hey, you're the one that wouldn't budge on this, literally. So drastic action has had to be taken, and frankly I'm excited!

You are the evidence of the 10-15kg that I need to lose. I still want you to be there, but not as you are now. It is time to suck yourself in, firm yourself up and flatten yourself out. You and all my other jelly parts. Here we find ourselves on the Friday, before Round 2 of 12wbt starts for 2013. Although we have lost 7kg so far this year, we have a long way to go and some of the toughest days are to come.

I expect that the muscles that you are insulating will be very sore at times, and some mornings we are going to really struggle to get up. Suck it up, Jelly!

 So here we go, another roller-coaster adventure ride through life.

 See you later Jelly Belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment